Musica

10 February, 2013

おくり火 Translation

A translation of the GazettE’s “Okuribi”, which was their contribution to the omnibus album “Yougenkyou -moon-”. I don’t think I’ll ever find a good way to translate the title, but this was the simplest way to carry the meaning through without being too overly-detailed or harsh.

Please do not steal this translation or use it without my permission. All rights belong to the GazettE and their label PS Company.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

Yougenkyou -moon-

 

 

 

 

昨日まではあんなに 明るく笑ってたのに
元気だよって僕には そう言ってたんだ
面会時間過ぎても そばに居てやりたかった
「がんばろう」って 「負けるな」って くじけそうな声で
Kinou made ha anna ni Akaruku waratteta no ni
Genki da yo tte boku ni ha Sou itteta n da
Menkai jikan sugite mo Soba ni iteyaritakatta
"Ganbarou" tte "Makeru na" tte Kujikesou na koe de
Up until yesterday, you had smiled brightly,
Telling me that you were fine.
Even though visiting hours were over, I wanted to stay by your side.
I told you "Do your best", and "Don't lose", in a voice that seemed about to break.

 

夜が明け 町は葬儀の花を飾り 君を見送るよ
眠る君の 顔はほのかにまだ 赤みが残ってる
Yoru ga ake Machi ha sougi no hana wo kazari Kimi wo miokuru yo
Nemuru kimi no Kao ha honoka ni mada Akami ga nokotteru
The night is lightening, and I go through a town decorated in funeral flowers to see you off.
Your sleeping face still has a faint bit of red left...

 

振り向けばいつもみたいに笑ったり泣いたりしてる
君が居るような気がして
信じる事が恐くて逃げてた情けないよ本当は
君の方がずっと辛いのにね
皆は手を合わせ 帰らぬ人に別れを
Harimukeba itsumo mitai ni warattari naitari shiteru
Kimi ga iru you na ki ga shite
Shinjiru koto ga kowakute nigeteta nasakenai yo hontou ha
Kimi no hou ga zutto tsurai no ni ne
Mina ha te wo awase Kaeranu hito ni wakare wo
I feel like if I turned around, you would be there, smiling and crying,
Like you always were.
I was afraid to believe it, so I ran away from the misery,
But it must have hurt so much for you...
Everyone folds their hands together to bid farewell to the person who won't come home.

 

友達や親ぞくに見守られ
最期に向かいます
そして君は新しい日々へ
また歩き始める
Tomodachi ya oyazoku ni mimamorare
Saigo ni mukaimasu
Soshite kimi ha atarashii hibi he
Mata arukihajimeru
Watched over by friends and parents,
In the last moment, you faced me,
And you began again to walk
Towards new days.

 

骨になるまで炙られて 熱かったろう?
辛かったでしょ
でもきっと楽になれるよ
空へと上ったひとすじの
白煙は君の事
天国まで運んでくれるから
見上げた空は青く 君を想いいつまでも
いつまでも手を握った
振り向けばいつもみたいに
笑ったり泣いたりしてる君が居るような気がしてた
忘れはしないよ
Hone ni naru made yakararete Atsukattarou
Tsurakatta desho
Demo kitto raku ni nareru yo
Sora he to nobotta hitosuji no
Hakuen ha kimi no koto
Tenraku made hakonde kureru kara
Miageta sora ha aoku Kimi wo omoi itsu made mo
Itsu made mo te wo furutta
Harimukeba itsumo mitai ni
Warattari naitari shiteru kimi ga iru you na ki ga shiteta
Wasure ha shinai yo
Are you very hot as they burn you down to naught but bones?
It must hurt,
But now you can rest.
Your white smoke rises
Straight up to the sky
And because that will carry you up to heaven,
When I look up to the blue sky, I'll always think of you.
I'll always hold your hand.
I feel like if I turned around,
You would be there like you always were, smiling and crying.
I won't forget you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment