Musica

16 August, 2014

運命 Translation

A translation of Kamijo’s “Unmei” from the single “Yamiyo no Lion”. This was billed in news as a self-cover song, and it is partially so; about half the lyrics are taken from the “Unmei” section of Versailles’ “God Palace ~Method of Inheritance~”. I’ve updated the Versailles lyrics he took, and I’ve marked them by bolding the kanji lyrics.

I originally just linked this to the Versailles song, so thanks to invasoroxidado for correcting me on my mistake and pointing out there are original verses!

Please do not steal this translation or use it publicly without crediting me. All rights belong to Kamijo and his label Warner Music Japan.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

Yamiyo no Lion

 

 

 

 

光無き闇 彷徨いながら
時を憎み 愛にひれ伏す
孤独な者よ 真実はもう瞳に映ってる
Hikarinaki yami Samayoinagara
Toki wo nikumi Ai ni hirefusu
Kodoku na mono yo Shinjitsu ha mou hitomi ni utsutteru
While wandering in the lightless dark,
I came to hate time, and prostrated myself before love.
O lonely ones, the truth is already reflected in your eyes.

 

そう 人は悲しみさえ
強くなる為に受け止め
例えどんなに傷ついても
きっと咲かせられるから
Sou Hito ha kanashimi sae
Tsuyoku naru tame ni uketome
Tatoe donna ni kizutsuite mo
Kitto sakaserareru kara
Yes, so that they can become stronger,
Humans will accept even misery.
But, no matter how much they hurt,
They'll surely still bloom.

 

私は薔薇に包まれて孤独と共に生きてゆく
光が生まれた運命を胸に抱きしめて

Watashi ha bara ni tsutsumarete kodoku to tomo ni ikiteyuku
Hikari ga umareta sadame ha mune ni dakishimete
I am wrapped in roses, living on with solitude.
I embrace the fate that gave birth to light.

 

あなたを信じ あなたを認め
あなたの為 歌ってゆこう
愛する者よ どんな試練も私は厭わない
Anata wo shinji Anata wo mitome
Anata no tame Utatteyukou
Ai suru mono yo Donna shiren mo watashi ha itowanai
Trusting you, and accepting you,
I'll go on singing for you.
O my beloved ones, no matter the trial, I shall not yield.

 

Ah 全てと引き換えに
あの日 選んだこの道
歩いて来れたのは
ここにあなたがいたから
Ah Subete to hikikae ni
Ano hi Eranda kono michi
Aruitekoreta no ha
Koko ni anata ga ita kara
Ah, I exchanged everything on
That day. I chose this path
To walk, because
This is where you are.

 

私は薔薇に包まれてあなたと共に生きてゆく
光が生まれた運命を胸に抱きしめて

Watashi ha bara ni tsutsumarete anata1 to tomo ni ikiteyuku
Hikari ga umareta sadame ha mune ni dakishimete
I am wrapped in roses, living on with you.
I embrace the fate that gave birth to light.

 

愛しているから憎みもする 人はそんなもの
連なる涙は誰の為に流してきた?

Aishiteiru kara nikumi mo suru Hito ha sonna mono
Tsuranaru namida ha dare no tame ni nagashitekita?
Because they love, they also hate. That’s the way humans are.
Who is it you cry such tears for?

 

孤独は思想の戯れ 涙は記憶の覚醒
誰かの為に咲き誇れ 運命を心に抱いて

Kodoku ha shisou no tawamure Namida ha kioku no kakusei
Dareka no tame ni sakihokore Sadame wo kokoro ni daite
Loneliness is merely the caprice of thoughts, and tears are the awakening of memories.
For who do they bloom? My heart embraces my fate.















Notes
1. This is the only change from the original verse - “bara” (“roses”) to “anata” (“you”).

0 comments:

Post a Comment