Musica

21 March, 2011

PLEDGE Translation

A translation of the GazettE’s “PLEDGE” from their single of the same name. It is the softest and saddest song they’ve put out in a long time. I think it’s probably their most beautiful.

Please do not steal this translation or use it without my permission. All rights belong to the GazettE and their label, PS Company/Sony Music Japan.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

PLEDGE

 

 

傷付けた後でしか 気付けなかった事
過ちの数 君を求め 見つめ合えたはずさ
Kizutsuketa ato de shika Kizukenakatta koto
Ayamachi no kazu Kimi wo motome Mitsumeaeta hazu sa
I didn't realize that, after all the hurt I'd given,
That while I searched for you through all the faults, we should have been
looking at each other.

 

小さな嘘が日々を埋めていた 疑いをかわすように
失う意味を心が知る 立ち尽くす二度目の冬
Chiisa na uso ga hibi wo umeteita Utagai wo kawasu you ni
Ushinau imi wo kokoro ga shiru Tachitsukusu nido me no fuyu
All the small lies buried the days, said to try to avoid doubt.
My heart realizes the reason I lost you again in those still winter days.

 

君は見えない明日に戸惑い 声を上げ泣いていたね
言葉を探す事も出来ずに落ちる涙を拾った
Kimi ha mienai asu ni tomadoi Koe wo agenaiteita ne
Kotoba wo sagasu koto mo dekizu ni ochiru namida wo hirotta
I lose my mind in the tomorrow where I can't see you, screaming as I cry.
My tears, the words I wasn't able to find, fall and pool together.

 

寂しさに包まれた日々は互いを濡らし
理解を求め合い 繰り返して また深く想える
Sabishisa ni tsutsumareta hibi ha tagai wo nurashi
Rikai wo motomeai Kurikaeshite Mata fukaku omoeru
We're wet by the days where loneliness embraced us.
We try to understand together, over and over, but we still feel it so deeply.

 

永遠を感じたのは嘘じゃない
確かに君の隣で
Towa wo kanjita no ha uso ja nai
Tashika ni kimi no tonari de
I didn't lie when I said that it felt like eternity.
I'm really right here next to you.

 

「愛してる」なんて もういらない
ただ ずっと側に居てと
声を涸らし泣いていた君に
壊れてゆきたい
"Aishiteru" nante mou iranai
Tada Zutto soba ni ite to
Koe wo karashinaiteita kimi ni
Kowareteyukitai
I don't need anything like "I love you" anymore.
Just tell me you'll always be here by my side.
Your voice crumbles as you cry,
And I want to break.

 

最初で最後の言葉は君へ
その腕を離さぬよう
肩を並べた同じ夢が二人をさらう
Saisho de saigo no kotoba ha kimi he
Sono ue wo hanasanu you
Kata wo narabeta onaji yume ga futari wo sarau
My first and my last words are to you.
I won't let go of your arm.
The same dream, where we stand shoulder-to-shoulder, sweeps us away.

 

小さな嘘が形を変えて白い息に溶けてゆく
失う意味を忘れぬように何度も胸に刻むよ
Chiisa na uso ga katachi wo kaete shiroi iki ni toketeyuku
Ushinau imi wo wasurenu you ni nandomo mune kizamu yo
All the small lies change and dissolve away into white breath.
So that I won't forget the meaning of losing you, I'll engrave it into my
chest over and over.

 

「さよなら」はここに置いて 歩き出そう
もう二度と見失う事は無い
"Sayonara" ha koko ni oite Arukidasou
Mou nido to miushinau koto ha nai
You said "goodbye" here as if you were going to leave, but
I won't lose sight of you again.

 

二人 愛を確かめ合うように悲しみも見てきたから
明日 二人消えてしまっても もう泣かなくていいよ
Futari Ai wo tashikameau you ni kanashimi mo mitekita kara
Ashita Futari kieteshimatte mo Mou nakanakute ii yo
Because we watched even sadness just so we could confirm our love,
Tomorrow, even if we disappear, we won't have to cry anymore.

 

いつか過ぎ去る季節のように変わりゆく二人がいて
悲しみに立ち止まる夜が来ても
忘れないで
終わる事は無い
深い夢の中
Itsuka sugisaru kisetsu no you ni kawariyuku futari ga ite
Kanashimi ni tachitomaru yoru ga kite mo
Wasurenai de
Owaru koto ha nai
Fukai yume no naka
Someday, like the seasons that pass us by, we too will be changed.
Even if the night in which we are stopped by sadness comes,
Don't forget that
There is no end
In this deep dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment