Musica

14 July, 2010

DISTRESS AND COMA Translation

A translation of the song “DISTRESS AND COMA” by the GazettE, which is the title track of their single “DISTRESS AND COMA”, and which was later released on their studio album “DIM”.

This song has a special place in my heart; it was the first song I heard from the GazettE while I was living in Japan last year. The lyrics also have a lot of meaning to me, since I have experienced the “coma” in the song, and to my surprise, the music and the mood (especially in the PV) fit that “coma” that I was in. According to Ruki, the song is about someone whose lover has cheated on them, and they fall into a deep depression. The lyrics are from the straying lover (the “distress”) to the one he wronged (the “coma”). It’s a beautiful yet harsh song, one of my all-time favourites from them.

Please do not steal this translation or use it without my permission. All rights belong to the GazettE and their label, PS Company.

 

 

~.oOOo.~

DISTRESS AND COMA
 

 

 

 

Until your distress sleeps…Fill me up with your grief

 

Hello…dear my bride 何を見ているの
床に散った蝶も拾えぬその目で
Hello... dear my bride Nani wo miteiru no
Yuka ni chitta cho mo hiroenu sono me de
Hello... dear my bride, what are you looking at?
Those eyes can't even find the butterflies scattered about the floor.

 

忘れたいのは白過ぎた苦痛 信じてると言い聞かす傷は消えない
Wasuretai no ha shirosugita kutsuu Shinjiteru to iikikasu kizu ha kienai
What you want to forget is that too-white agony, but the scars that you
believe and that persuade you won't go away.

 

 

 

 

踊る踊る眠らせてと踊る 止まぬ涙
声を殺し弱く震える手に 唇を落とす
Odoru odoru nemurasete to odoro Yamenu namida
Koe wo koroshi yowaku furueru te ni Kuchibiru wo otosu
Dance, dance, you dance even as you sleep. The tears won't stop...
Your voice dies, and your lips fall into your weakly-shaking hands.

 

Hello…dear my bride 足下を焼く
耳鳴りにもう近付く必要など
Hello...dear my bride Ashimoto wo yaku
Miminari ni mou chigazuku hitsuyou nado
Hello... dear my bride, your footsteps are burning.
Things like the buzzing in your ears are already approaching necessity.

 

無意識に吐いた息が肌を沿う 寡黙揺らす刃に笑みを…
忘れたいのは白過ぎた苦痛 信じてると言い聞かす傷は消えない
Muishiki ni haita iki ga hada wo sou Kamoku yurasu yaiba ni hohoemi wo...
Wasuretai no ha shirosugita kutsuu Shinjiteru to iikikasu kizu ha kienai
The breath you unconsciously let out runs along your skin, and you smile
at your shy, trembling blade...
What you want to forget is that too-white agony, but the scars that you
believe and that persuade you won't go away.

 

痩せた夢に覚めぬ現実(イマ)が映る 悲しみさえ
素顔だよと答えてくれるなら 傷付いてもいい
Yaseta yume ni samenu ima ga utsuru Kanashimi sae
Sugao da yo to kotaete kureru nara Kizutsuite mo ii
In the thinning dream, what's reflected is the now that you can't wake up
to... sadness, also.
If you can answer me and say this is my true face, I don't mind hurting.

 

忘れないで 痛みを知るアナタに惹かれた事
Wasurenai de Itami wo shiru anata ni hikareta koto
Don't forget: I was captivated by you who knows pain.

 

 

 

 

此処でおやすみ
Koko de oyasumi
Bid me goodnight here.

 

踊る踊る眠れるまで踊る 止まぬ涙
何も無いと心を塞ぐ度 枯れそうだと
痩せた夢に「もう一度」を歌う 悲しみさえ
自分だよと答えてくれるなら 傷付いてもいい…
Odoru odoru nemureru made odoru Yamenu namida
Nani mo nai to kokoro wo fusagu tabi Karesou da to
Yaseta yume ni "mou ichido" wo utau Kanashimi sae
Jibun da you to kotaete kureru nara Kizutsuite mo ii...
Dance, dance, until you can sleep. Tears won't stop...
Every time you close off your heart with nothingness, it seems to die.
In the thinning dream, even the sadness sings "Just once more."
If you will just answer me yourself, I don't mind hurting...

 

終わる筈の夢に さよならが咲いてる
Owaru hazu no yume ni Sayonara ga saiteru
In the dream that should end, our goodbye is blooming.

 

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment