Musica

26 August, 2012

砂の泉 Translation

A translation of DELUHI’s “Suna no Izumi”, which was the only new track on their final release “Vandalism”, and as such is their final work as a band.

Please do not steal this translation or use it without my permission. All rights belong to DELUHI and their label Braveman Records.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

Vandalism

 

 

 


吹き荒れる風が砂を躍らせば
足跡が作り出す蛇をさらう
Fukiareru kaze ga suna wo odoraseba
Ashiato ga tsukuridasu hebi wo sarau
The violently-blowing wind washes away
The serpent tracing a path in the dancing sand.

 

照り付ける太陽を背中に負い
先へ進む影は熱に喉を鳴らす
Teritsukeru taiyou wo senaka ni oi
Saki he susumu kage ha netsu ni nodo wo narasu
The sun blazes down upon my back
And my shadow presses on as heat rings in my throat.

 

夢から醒めるように
全て変えてしまった
あれからどれ程の時が過ぎたのか
Yume kara sameru you ni
Subete kaeteshimatta
Are kara dore hodo no toki ga sugita no ka
So that I can wake from this dream,
I changed everything.
How much time has passed since then...?

 

陽炎が地平線を燃やせば
大地は境界線を失う
Kagerou ga chiheisen wo moyaseba
Daichi ha kyoukaisen wo ushinau
When heat haze burns the horizon,
The boundary lines of the earth become lost.

 

予感していたはずの
枯れ果てた世界で
淀みきっと瞳に映し出す
Yokan shiteita hazu no
Karehateta sekai de
Yodomi kitto hitomi ni utsushidasu
Should I have felt a premonition
Of this world that's withering away?
The hesitation surely reflects in my eyes.

あてもなく彷徨い歩いた荒野に
蜃気楼が見せるオアシス
手を伸ばせば辿り着きそうな距離に
Ate mo naku samayoiaruita kouya ni
Shinkirou ga miseru oasis
Te wo nobaseba tadoritsukisou na kyori ni
As I aimlessly wandering in this wilderness,
The mirage shows me an oasis,
But when I reach out my hand, it fades into distance through which I must
struggle.

 

永遠に尽きぬ泉を信じて
泡沫の夢に溺れた
砂の泉に導かれ飲み込まれゆく
Eien ni tsukinu izumi wo shinjite
Utakata no yume ni oboreta
Suna no izumi ni michibikare nomikomareyuku
Believing there is a spring that never runs dry,
And drowning in that ephemeral dream,
I'm led to a fount of sand, and I drink it up.

 

もう二度とは戻れない
叶わぬ願いに思いを馳せて
繰り返される過ちは
蘇る時を虚空に変える
Mou nido to ha modorenai
Kamawanu negai ni omoi wo hasete
Kurikaesareru ayamachi ha
Yomigaeru toki wo kokuu ni kaeru
I can't go back again.
My thoughts flee to wishes that will never be granted,
And endlessly-repeating faults
Turn resurrected time to empty space.

 

乾いた北風が幻を吹き消し
孤独な闇夜を連れてくる
砂の泉に導かれ飲み込まれゆく
Kawaita kitakaze ga maboroshi wo fukikeshi
Kodoku na yoyami yamiyo wo tsuretekuru
Suna no izumi ni michibikare nomikomareyuku
The dry north wind blows away the illusions
And carries me into the lonely dark night.
Led to a fount of sand, I drink it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment