Musica

07 August, 2012

風の鳥 Translation

A translation of Matenrou Opera’s “Kaze no Tori” from their debut single “Alkaloid Showcase”. This is the only song in their entire history that is written by someone who is no longer a member of their band – it was written by the former keyboardist, Karen. I don’t believe they have performed this song since her departure, but it is a beautiful and touching piece.

Please do not steal this translation or use it without my permission. All rights belong to Matenrou Opera and their label Sherow Artist Society.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

Alkaloid Showcase

 

 

 

 

消えそうな優しさに この体を映して
明日も夢を見てる 孤独の海で
Kiesou na yasashisa ni Kono mi wo utsushite
Asu mo yume wo miteru Kodoku no umi de
The gentleness that seemed to disappear reflected on this body.
Tomorrow, I'll dream again from within my sea of loneliness.

 

あの日唄った 声はくもになり
震えたこの風だけを 胸にあずけて
Ano hi utatta Koe ha kumo ni nari
Furueta kono kaze dake wo Mune ni azukete
The singing voice of that day clouds over
And is locked in my heart, trembling in the wind.

 

さぁ飛び立とう 碧い翼広げ
たとえ光が見えなくなっても
Saa tobitatou Aoi tsubasa hiroge
Tatoe michi1 ga mienakunatte mo
Oh, I'll leap up and spread my inexperienced wings,
Even if I can't see the way.

 

砕け散る想いは 涙をあつめて
全て この海に溶かしてしまおう
Kudakechiru omoi ha Namida wo atsumete
Subete Kono umi ni tokashiteshimaou
My crushed feelings collect in my tears,
And all of it will melt away into this ocean.

 

月の明かりに 傷を照らせば
また一つ君は強くなれるから
Tsuki no akari ni Kizu wo teraseba
Mata hitotsu kimi ga tsuyoku nareru kara
If your wounds are lit by the moonlight,
You can become strong again.

 

さぁ翔び立とう 母なる空へ
消えたくもの影 どこまでも探して
Saa tobitatou Hahanaru sora he
Kietaku mono kage Doko made mo sagashite
So, I'll fly away into my mother sky
And search to the ends of the earth for the shadows of those who want to
disappear.

 

悲しみの流れを 心で受けとめたら
海の色 深く鮮やかに見えた
いつか輝く 陽差しを待ちわびて
必ず季節はかわるから
Kanashimi no nagare wo Kokoro de uketometara
Umi no iro Fukaku azayaka ni mieta
Itsuka kagayaku Hizashi wo machiwabite
Kanarazu kisetsu ha kawaru kara
If I take the current of sadness into my heart,
I can see the colour of the deep ocean so clearly.
I'm waiting impatiently for the sunlight that will someday shine,
Because the seasons will surely change.

 

大空高く 舞い上がれ 青く
遥かに続くこの時代と共に...
Oozora takaku Maiagare Aoku
Haruka ni tsuzuku Kono toki2 to tomo ni...
I soar high into the blue firmament,
With this time that continues on into eternity...

 

君と唄った風の中で
遠い過去の闇を抱きしめて
Kimi to utatta kaze no naka de
Tooi kako no yami wo dakishimete
Singing to you within the wind,
I'll hold the darkness of our distant past close.









Notes
1. “Hikari” (“light”) is written, but Sono sings “michi” (“way, path”).
2. “Jidai” (“time, era”) is written, but Sono sings “toki” (“time”).

0 comments:

Post a Comment