Musica

16 August, 2014

Slip Stream Translation

A translation of XOVER’s “Slip Stream” from their album “Aureola”. Juka/Shaura (I still call him Juka, shhhhh) tends to have lyrics that reeaaaaalllyyy need to sit for awhile, but I’m starting to finally get these done, and I’m glad to be posting one finally!

Please do not steal this translation or use it publicly without crediting me. All rights belong to XOVER and their label Red List Entertainment.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

Aureola

 

 

 

 

「何処まで走れば良いの?」
「あの暗がりを超えて見出だそうとしたものは    いったい何だったの?」
"Doko made hashireba ii no?"
"Ano kuragari wo koete miidasou to shita mono ha Ittai nan datta no?"
"How far should I run?"
"Crossing through that darkness, just what sort of things will I discover?"

 

鏡に写す恐怖    緩められないアクセル
止められない理由は…
Kagami ni utsusu kyoufu Yurumerarenai akuseru
Tomerarenai riyuu ha...
The fear duplicated in the mirror is an accelerator that cannot slow.
The reason it won't stop is...

 

今真実を
Ima, kotae1 wo.
Now, answer.

 

夢や希望    見失ってゆく群れの中
何も見えず    我武者羅に直向きに
Yume ya kibou Miushinatteyuku mure no naka
Nani mo miezu, gamushara ni hitamuki ni
My dreams and hopes are stolen away in the crowd.
I can't see anything. Recklessly, single-mindedly,

 

迫り来る風を切り裂き    誰よりも速く駆け抜けた
差し迫る破滅の天使    今の僕には見えはしない
Semarikuru kaze wo kirisaki Dare yori mo hayaku kakenuketa
Sashisemaru hametsu no tenshi Ima no boku ni ha mie ha shinai
I ran faster than anyone else, piercing the approaching wind.
I cannot see the angel of imminent destruction now.

 

「何処までイケば良いの?」
「感じ求めた愛はいったい何だったの?」
"Doko made ikeba ii no?"
"Kanjimotometa ai ha ittai nan datta no?"
"How far should I go?"
"What is this love that I looked to feel?"

 

「曖昧な夜だったの…」
"Aimai na yo datta no..."
"The night is so unclear..."

 

別れを覚悟した夜に涙を瞼に隠し
打ち拉がれるように喘いだ
Wakare wo kakugo shita yo ni namida wo mabushi ni kakushi
Uchishigareru you ni aeida
On the night I decided to leave, I hid my tears in my eyelids,
And I gasped as if I were being crushed.

 

愛や恋を囁いていた甘い声
何も聞こえず    我武者羅に直向きに
Ai ya koi wo sasayaiteita amai koe
Nani mo kikoezu Gamushara ni hitamuki ni
A sweet voice whispered of love and passion.
Unable to hear anything, recklessly and single-mindedly,

 

永遠の愛をも引き裂いて    誰よりも速く駆け抜けよう
差し迫る破滅の天使    この瞳には映さずに
Towa no ai mo hikisaite Dare yori mo hayaku kakenukeyou
Sashisemaru hametsu no tenshi Kono hitomi ni ha utsusazu ni
I'll tear up even eternal love, and I'll run faster than anyone else.
The angel of imminent destruction isn't reflected in my eyes.

 

迫り来る風を切り裂き    誰よりも強く生き抜こう
傷ついた光の天使    いつの日か交わえるから
Semarikuru kaze wo kirisaki Dare yori mo tsuyoku ikinukou
Kizutsuita hikari no tenshi Itsu no hi ka majiwaeru kara
I'll live stronger than anyone else, piercing the approaching wind,
Because someday, I can meet the wounded angel of light.

 

Slip Streaming...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 










Notes
1. “Genjitsu” (“truth, reality”) is written, while Shaura sings “kotae” (“answer”).

0 comments:

Post a Comment