Musica

15 February, 2015

THE MOON Translation

Translation of Jupiter’s “THE MOON” from their album “The History of Genesis”.

Please do not steal this translation or use it publicly without crediting me. All rights belong to Jupiter and their label Universal Music Japan.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

The History of Genesis

 

 

 

 

揺らめいて消える 蜃気楼のように
瞬く淡い光は何処へ行くの?
乱れた下弦の月の夜に
照らされた道標 追い求め
Yurameite kieru Shinkirou no you ni
Matataku awai hikari ha doko he yuku no?
Midareta kagen no tsuki no yo ni
Terasareta michishirube Oimotome
Like a mirage, the faintly-twinkling light
Disappears. Where has it gone...?
In the night of a disheveled waning moon,
I searched for the illuminated signpost.

 

生まれたままの心でキミを
激しく抱き寄せた
Umareta mama no kokoro de kimi wo
Hageshiku dakiyoseta
In the heart that was born,
I embrace you fervently.

 

今宵 儚い夢で眠りましょう
滲んだ面影は彷徨う愛の行方
時が止まる程キミを見つめさせて
逆さ月に映る二人のマボロシと
涙は空へ落ちる
Koyoi Hakanai yume de nemurimashou
Nijinda omokage ha samayou ai no yukue
Toki ga tomaru hodo Kimi wo mitsumesasete
Sakasa tsuki ni utsuru Futari no maboroshi to
Namida ha sora he ochiru
Tonight, let's sleep in a fleeting dream,
Where blurred faces roam in love's whereabouts.
Let me gaze at you, so that time stops.
With our dreams reflected in the inverted moon,
Our tears fall to the sky.

 

最初の口づけ 最後の涙も
掌に触れたキミの温もりさえ
私の全ては死んでゆく
一粒の心は静かにひび割れた
Saisho no kuchizuke Saigo no namida mo
Te no hira ni fureta kimi no nukumori sae
Watashi no subete ha shindeyuku
Hitsotsubu no kokoro ha shizuka ni hibiwareta
Our first kiss, and our final tears,
And even your warmth I feel in my hand,
All of me will die.
My heart1 quietly cracks.

 

今宵 儚い夢に抱かれましょう
深い闇の中へ堕ちるのも悪くない
瞳閉じればそこは月の砂漠
吹き荒れる嵐は二人を引き裂いた
さよなら愛しき人よ
Koyoi hakanai yume ni dakaremashou
Fukai yami no naka he ochiru no mo waruku nai
Hitomi tojireba soko ha tsuki no sabaku
Fukiareru arashi ha futari wo hikisaita
Sayonara itoshiki hito yo
Tonight, let's embrace in a fleeting dream.
It's not bad to fall into the deep darkness.
If I close my eyes, I see the desert of the moon,
And a violently-blowing storm tears at us.
Goodbye, my beloved person.









Notes
1. The way this is written in Japanese, it would read awkwardly if translated “properly”. “Hitotsubu” means “one drop, one grain”, or can be “the only”. The translation would end up being something like “my only heart”, or “my drop of a heart”. I can’t figure out a way to capture the feel of the Japanese words, so I’ve not included the meaning of “hitotsubu” in the translation of the line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment