Musica

13 October, 2014

千鶴 Translation

A translation of the GazettE’s “Chizuru” from their single “Hyena”. This track was also included on their album “Stacked Rubbish”. An ancient Japanese legend says that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish.

(I don’t know what happened to the original post, but I’m reposting it now with some slight revisions. Hooray for experience!)

Please do not steal this translation or use it publicly without crediting me. All rights belong to the GazettE and their label PS Company.

 

 

 

~.oOOo.~

Hyena

 

 

 

 

あなたの手紙には読めない字だけ
会ってその口から聞かせて欲しい
Anata no tegami ni ha yomenai ji dake
Atte sono kuchi kara kikasete hoshii
In your letter, there's nothing but unreadable characters.
Meeting, there's something I want to hear directly from you.

 

慣れない白は苦手 吐息さえ響く
空の色さえ知れたら救われるのに
上手く出来ぬ呼吸もいつか忘れたい
そう願える強さも干涸びそうで
Narenai shiro ha nigate Toiki sae hibiku
Sora no iro sae shiretara sukuwareru no ni
Umaku dekinu kokyuu mo itsuka wasuretai
Sou negaeru tsuyosa mo hikarabisou de
I hate this whiteness that I can't get used to, where even my sighs echo.
Even if just knowing the colour of the sky could save me,
I want to forget it all someday, along with the breath that I couldn't draw.
And, even the strength I pray for seems to wither away...

 

「うつ伏せの明日」歌えば 棘を伝う睡眠
身体に絡ませられたRestraint
Even the mind seems to sleep
頬に触れた熱はとても懐かしく優しい
朦朧の狭間で見た影 暖色の夢
"Utsubuse no asu" utaeba Toge wo tsutau suimin
Karada ni karamaserareta Restraint
Even the mind seems to sleep
Hoho ni fureta netsu ha totemo natsushiku yasashii
Mourou no hazama de mita kage Danshoku no yume
If I sing "tomorrow will bow to me", its thorns follow me into sleep.
They are the restraint that's coiled around my body, and
Even the mind seems to sleep.
The fever that touched your cheek is so nostalgic, so beautiful.
The shadow I saw in that dim valley was the voice of warm colour.

 

あなたに映る私の目が
あなたを見失う日が来ても
この目に焼き付いてくれている
木洩れ陽の日々とあなたは
連れて行かないで
Anata ni utsuru watashi no me ga
Anata wo miushinau hi ga kite mo
Kono me ni yakitsuitekureteiru
Komorebi no hibi to anata ha
Tsureteikanai de
Even when the day comes that
My eyes, in which you're reflected, lose their sight,
Everything has been burned into them:
The day that the sunlight filtered through the trees, and you...
You won't come with me.

 

滲む白が揺れる
言葉も忘れそう
涙は流れて何処へ行くの
私の名前を呼んで
砕けるくらい抱いて
これ以上失うのは怖い
Nijimu shiro ga yureru
Kotoba mo wasuresou
Namida ha nagarete doko he yuku no
Watashi no namae wo yonde
Kudakeru kurai daite
Kore ijou ushinau no ha kowai
The spreading white makes me tremble,
And I seem to forget even words.
Where are my tears going...?
Calling my name,
Holding me until I feel about to break...
I'm scared to lose anything more than this.

 

あなたは何処で私の事歌っているの
耳をすましても響くのは不安定な鼓動
頬に残ってたはずの熱が思い出せない
朦朧の狭間で見たのは 寒色の現実
Anata ha doko de watashi no koto utatteiru no
Mimi wo sumashite mo hibiku no ha fuantei na kodou
Hoho ni nokotteta hazu no netsu ga omoidasenai
Mourou no hazama de mita no ha Kanshoku no ima1
Where are you singing of me?
Even if my ears are clear, what resounds to me are these unstable heartbeats.
I can't recall the fever that should still remain in my cheek.
What I saw in that dim valley was the cold colour of reality.

 

千羽のとても小さな
あなたの願いに寄り添って
笑顔も返せずにただ
吐息を数えていた記憶の最期に…
あなたの声が聞こえて
全てを無くした朝
「一つになれぬ二人」
Senwa no totemo chiisa na
Anata no negai ni yorisotte
Egao mo kaesezu ni tada
Toiki wo kazoeteita kioku no saigo ni...
Anata no koe ga kikoete
Subete wo nakushita asa
"Hitotsu ni narenu futari"
A thousand small, small birds
Nestle close to your wish.
I can't get back your smiling face, but
In the last moments of the memory where I counted down my breaths...
I can hear your voice,
In this morning where I lost everything:
"The two of us cannot be one."








Notes
1. “Genjitsu” (“reality”) is written, but Ruki sings “ima” (“now”).

0 comments:

Post a Comment